Infant Program Curriculum
Our younger infant class uses Creative Curriculum for Infants while our older infant class uses ABC Jesus Loves Me Year One. These are comprehensive, developmentally appropriate curricula that include goals and objectives for children’s learning in all areas of development including social/emotional, physical, cognitive, and language.
We also use the Teaching Strategies GOLD Assessment System to help us identify and respond to children’s changing interests and abilities.
Our infant classrooms focus on:
- Building a trusting relationship with each child
- Providing responsive, individualized care
- Creating environments that support and encourage exploration
- Ensuring children’s safety and health
- Developing partnerships with families
- Observing and documenting children’s development in order to plan for each child and the group
- Recognizing the importance of social/emotional development
- Appreciating cultural, family, and individual differences
- Taking advantage of every opportunity to build a foundation for lifelong learning
- Supporting dual language learners
- Including children with disabilities in all aspects of the program